New Patio, and updated Grill Deck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TampaNole27

Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I havent been able to think about much else than grilling with my 5 days off and 28 people packing into the house.
So decided to come back here to vent my excitement.
In the last few weeks, my wife and I with the help of family built a new patio out back. This prompted me to make some upgrades to my grill deck.
Would love to see others' setups too. Need new ideas.
Found a great build plan for a moveable cooler at DIY Pete. Gonna build this over the holidays, now that is finally cooling down in Florida.

Attachments

• Patio Before.jpg
    Patio Before.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Patio Done.jpg
    Patio Done.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Patio Day.jpg
    Patio Day.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Patio Night.jpg
    Patio Night.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 97
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I havent been able to think about much else than grilling with my 5 days off and 28 people packing into the house.
So decided to come back here to vent my excitement.
In the last few weeks, my wife and I with the help of family built a new patio out back. This prompted me to make some upgrades to my grill deck.
Would love to see others' setups too. Need new ideas.
Found a great build plan for a moveable cooler at DIY Pete. Gonna build this over the holidays, now that is finally cooling down in Florida.

A man after my own heart, I didn't notice much grass left to cut in that yard! More concrete, more wood chips, maybe a water feature or a fire pit. Less grass is good, unless you are a labrador breeder....LOL

Great looking renovation. You are going to love it.

Wow quite the upgrade, it looks awesome! I won’t see a nice deck day like that for at lest 6 months.

I see all these beautiful pictures from our Southern friends and I keep asking myself why do I live in a northern climate??

Great Job!

DIY Pete is awesome. Been there quite a few times. Anna white as well!
Yeah, I like Anna White a lot too. I did one of her Table Builds and it was so easy to follow. Im definitely better with a smoker than I am a table saw, but still love basic wood working.

Reactions: fivetricks
Very nice!! I hope to complete a covered area for my grills and smokers next year.
I am hoping to build a custom pergola for the deck, but thats gonna wait for awhile. The cover I have now was like $80 at Big Lots, and it has really done well over the last year. Provides a surprising amount of shade.

Wow quite the upgrade, it looks awesome! I won’t see a nice deck day like that for at lest 6 months.

I see all these beautiful pictures from our Southern friends and I keep asking myself why do I live in a northern climate??

Great Job!
Eh, 9 months out of the year I am asking myself why I dont live in a place with real seasons. I miss football weather.

A man after my own heart, I didn't notice much grass left to cut in that yard! More concrete, more wood chips, maybe a water feature or a fire pit. Less grass is good, unless you are a labrador breeder....LOL

Great looking renovation. You are going to love it.
LOL!! Yep, one the best parts of this is easier lawn to maintain. It was mainly a weed dirt patch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky