• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Patio, and updated Grill Deck

TampaNole27

Joined Dec 20, 2018
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I havent been able to think about much else than grilling with my 5 days off and 28 people packing into the house.
So decided to come back here to vent my excitement.
In the last few weeks, my wife and I with the help of family built a new patio out back. This prompted me to make some upgrades to my grill deck.
Would love to see others' setups too. Need new ideas.
Found a great build plan for a moveable cooler at DIY Pete. Gonna build this over the holidays, now that is finally cooling down in Florida.

Attachments

Cabo

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 10, 2019
That looks really nice. We have been doing some outdoor fix-ups too now that weather is finally better.

creek bottom

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 13, 2019
Very nice! Looks like a great place to do some cooking and relaxing!

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That's 100 % improvement . fantastic job . You can add all kinds of stuff to that .

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I havent been able to think about much else than grilling with my 5 days off and 28 people packing into the house.
So decided to come back here to vent my excitement.
In the last few weeks, my wife and I with the help of family built a new patio out back. This prompted me to make some upgrades to my grill deck.
Would love to see others' setups too. Need new ideas.
Found a great build plan for a moveable cooler at DIY Pete. Gonna build this over the holidays, now that is finally cooling down in Florida.
A man after my own heart, I didn't notice much grass left to cut in that yard! More concrete, more wood chips, maybe a water feature or a fire pit. Less grass is good, unless you are a labrador breeder....LOL

Great looking renovation. You are going to love it.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Wow quite the upgrade, it looks awesome! I won’t see a nice deck day like that for at lest 6 months.

I see all these beautiful pictures from our Southern friends and I keep asking myself why do I live in a northern climate??

Great Job!

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Hell yeah nice job on the deck! Got a nice grilling area and chilling area too. You and your wife did good! Enjoy the cold cold beers!

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Very nice!! I hope to complete a covered area for my grills and smokers next year.

TampaNole27

Joined Dec 20, 2018
DIY Pete is awesome. Been there quite a few times. Anna white as well!
Yeah, I like Anna White a lot too. I did one of her Table Builds and it was so easy to follow. Im definitely better with a smoker than I am a table saw, but still love basic wood working.

TampaNole27

Joined Dec 20, 2018
Very nice!! I hope to complete a covered area for my grills and smokers next year.
I am hoping to build a custom pergola for the deck, but thats gonna wait for awhile. The cover I have now was like $80 at Big Lots, and it has really done well over the last year. Provides a surprising amount of shade.

TampaNole27

Joined Dec 20, 2018
Wow quite the upgrade, it looks awesome! I won’t see a nice deck day like that for at lest 6 months.

I see all these beautiful pictures from our Southern friends and I keep asking myself why do I live in a northern climate??

Great Job!
Eh, 9 months out of the year I am asking myself why I dont live in a place with real seasons. I miss football weather.

TampaNole27

Joined Dec 20, 2018
A man after my own heart, I didn't notice much grass left to cut in that yard! More concrete, more wood chips, maybe a water feature or a fire pit. Less grass is good, unless you are a labrador breeder....LOL

Great looking renovation. You are going to love it.
LOL!! Yep, one the best parts of this is easier lawn to maintain. It was mainly a weed dirt patch.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.