New MES owner 4th Brisket tell me what you think!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

k0Ne

Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
IMG_0986.jpg
Hello all,

I've been messing around with different techniques. This time I used pecan wood @ 250F and butcher paper wrapped at about 4 and half hours. Added 3 charcoal briquettes each hour when adding wood chips. Got a nice smoke ring this time!

Reactions: gmc2003 and tallbm
Looks juicy! I picked up a pink roll of butcher's paper to have on hand and to get to $35.00 for free Amazon shipping from my last small order.

My neighbors love my brisket out of my MES 30. I use pecan and run it at 240. I use untrimmed choice briskets. Usually 16 to 19 lbs. Start at 6 in the morning and seem to end up around 8 to 11 pm. Foil at 165 and once past the stall I'll open for the last hour or 2 to crisp up the bark a bit. My neighbors say, retire and start cooking this all the time. They say they will pay 8 to 12 bucks a lb. Briskets come easy in my MES 30. Also, pork butts and pork shoulders using apple wood are a breeze. Been very happy paying $124.00 + free shipping last thanksgiving for this Gen 1 with the small window, stainless steel + blue tooth. That does look tasty!

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks like your on your game.

Point for sure.

Chris

View attachment 352868 Hello all,

I've been messing around with different techniques. This time I used pecan wood @ 250F and butcher paper wrapped at about 4 and half hours. Added 3 charcoal briquettes each hour when adding wood chips. Got a nice smoke ring this time!
Are you putting a whole charcoal briquette or breaking it up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky