New MES 40 Big Ol' Brisket and Bucket of Habeneros

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by pepperer, Mar 9, 2012.

1. pepperer

pepperer Newbie

New here to this forum......Working at the moment on my second Brisket in my MES 40, down here in South Florida. First Brisket I tried was a 14 Pounder on the top shelf with a 10 pound piece of Pork Butt down a shelf. Made it to the Stall then put both in foiled covered aluminum pans. Took around 20 hours to completion. Long stall... Both were edible after all. Sorry to say I didn't take any pictures. Found this website afterwards. Back to todays Brisket. Doing a 9 pounder @225. Put it in aluminum foil at 160. It's now into the 12th hour cooking and it's at 187 degrees. Seems to be alittle ahead of schedule. Find out how tender later...... Also had a bunch of homegrown Habeneros sitting in the smoker. If they call a smoked Jalapeno a Chipotle whats a Smoked Habenero called?

2. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

You gotta take some pics!!  I want to see that bucket of Habeneros!  What do you do with your Habs after you smoke them?

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF!

Would you update your profile info to include your location. Thanks!

4. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

5. fife

fife Master of the Pit

You are going to love the MES40 I have one and it turns out some good food. Welcome to SMF[​IMG]

6. Hello and welcome to SMF! Don't forget the pics!

7. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]  to SMF . You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking  5-Day e-Course  

8. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]to SMF - glad to have you here