• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Elita

Original poster
Feb 1, 2021
Hi my name is elita profesional chef looking to learn more about preparing bacon and smoked meats from scratch.

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome from Wisconsin. You have come to the right pace. Lots of great folks and advice to be had here.

Bacon is fairly easy to prepare on your own. Just need some pork belly, salt, sugar, and #1 curing salt. You can dry cure or wet cure by making a brine.

Smoking it is not difficult either. You can either cold or hot smoke bacon or double smoke cold and hot. I like to hot smoke mine but it is a personal preference.

The biggest challenge is waiting for it to get done. I love home made bacon!!!!

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: 912smoker
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Once you start smoking your own bacon there's no going back. RAY

Welcome from SE Ga ! This is the place to learn and the folks are eager to share their knowledge and experience!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky