• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BradW

Original poster
Nov 30, 2019
Just wanted to stick my head in and say hi. I've been lurking on here for a little bit and just joined. Just started smoking some of my own meat, as I butcher/process my own chickens and pigs, and anything else I can get while hunting. Just finished processing out 252lb duroc barrow pig, and got the first bit of dry cure bacon done yesterday. I've got another half of it in brine following Pops6927’s recipe, which should be ready in another week. Everything so far has turned out great. I have a small Dynaglow 30" digital electric smoker, and have a 12" tube pellet smoker coming my way as I had trouble generating enough smoke at a low temp with the electric - thought that might happen. Look forward to learning more, especially once I get to doing the boston butt and ribs that I have.

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome. Pigs and smokers just seem to go together.

Welcome, Brad. If you've been lurking reading for a while you already know what a wealth of information is contained here. The members are friendly, very knowledgeable, and willing to help. Glad you finally joined. Looking forward to pictures of some of your cooks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky