• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chuckswco

Original poster
May 11, 2016
SW Colorado
Hello All,

I just joined after lurking for awhile.

I live in SW Colorado now after living in Houston for 28 years.

I just took a step up and ordered a Horizon 20" Classic, and patiently awaiting delivery.

Glad to be here!

Chuck G.

Hello Chuck, and welcome to you.

Congratulations on ordering the new smoker,

dang it'll seem like a long time before you get it.

Wishing you many good and happy smokes on it.

Ed

Thanks Ed,

I've been grilling and smoking on low cost Walmart, HD and Lowes products until this year and finally decided to upgrade.

I live in the middle of nowhere in Colorado so I had to order it directly from Horizon.

I placed my order 11 weeks ago and I am getting a little antsy now.  I've called and emailed them and each time the answer is "were getting closer".

My wife tells me to "sit, stay, good boy". :)

Chuck

Hello all,

Just a quick update on the Horizon 20" Classic I ordered.

It finally arrived on Friday May 27 after a two week trip.

Some damage occurred during shipping: bent handle and bent axle.  Horizon has been wonderful in sending touchup paint and repair parts as needed.

I have not heard from shipping company on repairs or refund on freight.

I was able to maneuver the smoker into its spot even with a bum wheel and seasoned it on Sunday, loaded up the charcoal basket with a layer of briquettes, layer of pecan chunks and topped it off with another layer of briquettes.  Held 225*F for almost six hours.  Turned out perfect! Next weekend will be a test run of brisket, following week the entire fam damily will be here (17 total folks), and the smoker will really be broken in!

Chuck

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a warm off and on rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky