• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gadgetman53

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
North Alabama
Hello all,

I just found this site yesterday when searching for tips on smoking some chicken wings and chicken breasts; so I decided to join.

I recently bought a MasterBuilt Smokehouse electric smoker. Today will be the third time I've used it. Already have the chicken on it and forgot to take pictures during prep. I am very much a newbie and look forward to learning some things from all of the pros around here.

For the chicken wings I am using S2K9K's method. I mixed it up some for a few BBQ wings. For the breasts, I brined them and put some BBQ sauce on them prior to putting them in the smoker (temp set at 250).

18b1bb03-60ca-a6d6.jpg

I am in North Alabama. Recently graduated from college a year ago and have started to really enjoy cooking.

Roll Tide!
Gadgetman53

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Go Go Gadget!!! 
welcome1.gif
 [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, there's lot's of great people here who love to share and help each other out! Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks![/color]

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]I hope you like those wings! I'm putting some more on today also![/color]

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course, it will teach you all the basics and a lot more: http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

Here it all is after about an hour smoking:

18b1bb03-7e1d-a01a.jpg

Here are the chicken wings after crisping them on the grill for about 4 minutes:

18b1bb03-7e4c-037d.jpg

Here are the chicken breasts (thin cut) after crisping on grill a few minutes and basting on some sweet baby rays on a few:

18b1bb03-7ecd-9ff4.jpg

I also had a turkey thigh that I decided to brine and smoke. It is delicious. Here it is:

18b1bb03-7e74-ce40.jpg

All is delicious. My favorite is the wings. Great technique S2K9K!!

That's what I like to see, a FULL smoker!!!

Everything looks Great!!!

Glad you like the wings!

Thanks! I've basically filled it up every time I've used it. This would be the 3rd or 4th time I've used it.

Welcome Gadget, glad you found us , and hope you make this Home...
biggrin.gif
 , we are a family oriented group and everyone is as friendly as can be ; you can feel at home here. 

Your Wings look good and wish I had some right now! Too far to get there before they are all gone.
frown.gif

Keep sending the Q-view and...

Hello Gadgetman and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined in the fun. Looks like a great smoke  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky