New member with a question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dollfly

Original poster
Aug 31, 2019
I have been visiting this forum for some time and just thought I would join up. First of all I have a question about meat hooks. I made some out of aluminum 1/4 inch rods to hang my ribs also made a couple turkey hangers out of aluminum 3/8 rod bought at Lowes. Then I was looking at meat hangers online and all were stainless which brought me to doubt the ones I made. Question is are mine safe to use? I know I should have researched before I made them so take it easy on a new guy! Thanks

I'm guessing your smoker temps will be low enough they will work fine

Thanks for your post, I am using an uds. I just want to make sure its safe.

There is not a Restaurant in the country that doesn't cook just about everything in Aluminum Pots and Pans. Aluminum is Food Safe...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
The aluminum wont hurt the food. The seasoning will hurt the aluminum over time. Aluminum is reactive. Stainless is more long term and more durable. That's why you see stainless in the higher end stuff. Clean it after every use and it will last a long time. No worries

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question my hooks are working fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky