New Member - NCgrillmaster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ncgrillmaster

Original poster
My name is Ray, aka the NCgrillmaster from Union County, North Carolina, the home of some intense barbecue. I'm an executive in banking with a major bank in Charlotte, 35 years in banking & Wall Street.
Learned a lot about cooking from my Mom and about barbecue from an old friend in Gaston County, NC
Started on a Weber kettle grill, which can handle anything; now also have an Okie Joe Longhorn, burning only Stubbs briquettes (no petroleum binders), Cowboy lump hardwood charcoal and seasoned woods.
Favorites are Boston butts, Baby backs and Chicken. Use chimney starter with no petroleum fluid, an injector process and digital dual thermometer.
Modified exhaust vent and built my own fuel basket from extended metal sheets; much of which I learned from this website - many thanks.
NCgrillmaster.

Welcome! Sounds like you have the toys down! You came to a great place to pick up priceless knowledge and share a passion. Have fun!

Welcome to the forum.

Were happy you decided to join us.

Sounds like you have plenty to share.

Al

welcome1.gif
Glad to have you on board lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info. We like photos of things you do. Also if you look up NC Gathering forum you will find there is one in Concord this weekend stop by and visit I'm sure they would be glad to have you.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky