• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New member, long-time consumer

yankjun

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Hey all...just wanted to jump on Roll Call and do the intro. I grew up in PA, served 20 years in the world's finest Air Force, and settled in central Louisiana (thus the YankJun nick).  I started smoking/bbq'ing about five years ago in earnest.  I enjoy cooking brisket, baby backs, "butts", and chicken on my rig for family and friends.  This site has provided me a wealth of information since I started smoking my own foods.  I always enjoyed good bbq, but was hesitant to try myself.  My beginner outfit was a stock CharGriller Pro with SFB, which allowed me to produce some fine vittles, but maintaining temps was a nightmare!  So, I upgraded this week to a Old Country Wrangler from Academy Sports.  For the price with 3/16" steel construction, it seemed like a happy median between the CG and a top-notch rig.  Seasoned it up the other night and plan on breaking it in this weekend with some baby backs and a standing rib roast (first one!).  Thanks for all the tips over the years and hopefully I can contribute some meaningful content in the future.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Glad you joined us YankJun, congrats on the new Old Country Wrangler and :welcome1: from North Dakota!

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h3]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.