New member from Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
welcome, there aint no set in stone time frames , smaller or larger ribs or lower or higher temps can be adjusted to fit your time frame. a lot of folks will only cook certain ribs in a weight range because they have had repeatable results. half the fun is trying new ways to cook.

Welcome from ohio! Where in ohio are you?.Its all going to depend on your ribs. Spares? Baby backs? What's your smoker temp? My suggestion would be to check out perfect ribs from SmokinAl SmokinAl go by temp thats where is at

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from ohio! Where in ohio are you?.Its all going to depend on your ribs. Spares? Baby backs? What's your smoker temp? My suggestion would be to check out perfect ribs from SmokinAl SmokinAl go by temp thats where is at
Columbus my smoker temp250

Welcome from Ohio too. That’s a pretty short cook compared to most recommendations. Most start with a base of 2-2-1 for bb’s and 3-2-1 for spares. You can tweak it there depending on temp and if you like fall of or bite off finish. I do cut my wrap time back as I don’t like the rack disentegrating falling apart.

Reactions: Jazzy Backyard BBQ
Welcome. I'll be kind and not mention today's basketball game.

Welcome to SMF!
There are a million ways to smoke ribs, and I would experiment with all of them.
I have found that we like our ribs at an IT of 195. It really doesn't matter how you get there as long as the finish temp is 195. However you may like FOTB ribs, in that case you would be looking for a final IT of 200-205.
Al

Reactions: Jazzy Backyard BBQ
Welcome to SMF from North Texas.
I have played around with different combinations for ribs, and honestly each time I cook them it varies a bit. For my wife I do 4, 1. Other wise I stay pretty close to 3, 2, 1 with the exception of baby backs, which cook quicker and I do a 1, 1, .5.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Welcome from Sandusky. +1 to the SmokinAl SmokinAl IT method. IT is best way to ensure consistency. Ribs here are pretty thick and I can end up smoking 8hrs (275F) to hit IT.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky