New member from NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

O C

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 10, 2021
NC
New member from Durham NC. Have been browsing here for some time, and decided it is time to join. Lots of great information about smoking and grilling, and friendly folks.
After years of propane grilling, I bought an Akorn about 5 year ago. It was a game changer for me, and changed the way I cook for my family.
Recently bought a Char-Griller 980. Which is pretty new to everyone, but there seems to be lots of Masterbuilt gravity feed users here and I look forward to learning more about using this style of grill, and the 980 in particular.
Also have an Akorn jr, and a soon to be sold Traeger Pro 575, which the 980 is replacing. Well that's the plan...I've enjoyed the Traeger, kinda wish I could keep them all, but space is tight. Will have to see what happens!

Welcome to the Forum from South Carolina. Don't forget to let us know how the Char-Griller 980 works out for you along with pictures and a narrative. We all like to see each other's work, successful and not so successful?! Especially with a new series grill. 🍻

John

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky