1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Member - First smoker use

Discussion in 'For New Members' started by T2timmy, Nov 10, 2018 at 1:36 PM.

1. T2timmy

T2timmy Newbie

hello all. New member here. I used to have a Dyna-glow wood smoker and found that it was a full time job keeping the thing at temp. Soo i just bought a Camp-chef Pro DLX24 PG pellet smoker. I just cured it and am smoking a small pork loin now. Im using Hickory pellets and am curious why the smoker is not “smoking” alot? I have it on high smoke and the temp is at 225. I kind of expected more smoke. Is this normal.
    Thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. kruizer

kruizer Smoking Fanatic

Yes, it normal not to have a lot of smoke but you will find you food has plenty of smoke flavor. Not to worry.

3. T2timmy

T2timmy Newbie

Great thanks!! Can’t wait to try the meat. And smoke more in the future!

4. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

What kruizer said. Welcome to the SMF btw.

T2timmy likes this.
  5. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Make sure to post pics when it's done.

T2timmy likes this.
  6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the new smoker. Make sure you don't overcook that loin, they're really tasty when smoked correctly.

Chris

T2timmy likes this.
  7. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board! Yes, you want barely-visible blue smoke. Big billowing clouds of white smoke are a Bad Thing.

Any type of smoker requires a learning curve, so don't be discouraged.

T2timmy likes this.
  8. T2timmy

T2timmy Newbie

Wow man! I am loving this pellet smoker already!! Wayy easier then my last wood smoker! I am able to watch the temps through my window and not freeze outside stoking a fire box. I even had to do some work work and didnt need to worry about it. The flavor of the meat is perfect. Not like the camp fire taste of the old one. Onto smoking somw wings tomorrow!

Attached Files:

fivetricks likes this.