New member checking in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

G4fast

Original poster
Aug 11, 2019
Hello from north central Florida. Just got started smoking about a year ago , having good results using a Weber smokey mountain. Unfortunately I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I found this forum while looking for recipes I can use with my condition. Thanks in advance for your experience & advice as I learn new recipes & techniques.

Reactions: BradinPCB
welcome to smf, lot's of great people here full of knowledge, sorry to here about the diabetes just stay on top of it, probably the hardest thing is changing your diet.

welcome to the club, #2 here also ,I go lite on rubs with sugar in them, not much from rubs even when they have sugar in them. breads/taters ect are the enemy lol

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah the diet thing is big , lots to learn.

Hello from north central Florida. Just got started smoking about a year ago , having good results using a Weber smokey mountain. Unfortunately I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I found this forum while looking for recipes I can use with my condition. Thanks in advance for your experience & advice as I learn new recipes & techniques.
Hang in there. I'm also diabetic. You learn to love the steamed veggies, wild rices and a wide variety of salads. Tonight we had smoked brisket salad!

I've been doing a lot of studying, seems like a lot of the sauces are a no no. And adjustment of the rubs. And yeah no breads/taters, lol.

Reactions: patinlouisiana
welcome to smf, lot's of great people here full of knowledge, sorry to here about the diabetes just stay on top of it, probably the hardest thing is changing your diet.

Hang in there. I'm also diabetic. You learn to love the steamed veggies, wild rices and a wide variety of salads. Tonight we had smoked brisket salad!
Thankfully my wife is on it & has been amazing in the kitchen. We're getting a handle on it , just had cauliflower rice & butternut squash for the first time with our chicken & it was delicious.

I've been doing a lot of studying, seems like a lot of the sauces are a no no. And adjustment of the rubs. And yeah no breads/taters, lol.

Check out the sauces by G Hughes that are getting more and more popular. They're all good considering they are sugar free, but the spicy one is by far the best. They have a whole line of sugar free bbq sauces/marinades/etc out these days

Nature Coast welcome to ya! Glad they found your condition BEFORE it became a big problem.
Don

Check out the sauces by G Hughes that are getting more and more popular. They're all good considering they are sugar free, but the spicy one is by far the best. They have a whole line of sugar free bbq sauces/marinades/etc out these days
Thank you I'll look into those.

Nature Coast welcome to ya! Glad they found your condition BEFORE it became a big problem.
Don
Thanks & that's for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky