NEW! LEM DualGrind Redesign......Adapter!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
When LEM came out with the dual grinder head, I looked at them but decided against purchasing because they made one unit for both the #8 and #12 so basically, I would end up with the grinding capacity of a #8 grinder. Not what I wanted. Well after a ton of consumer feedback, looks like LEM solved this issue. Now you can use your existing grinder head and add on the adapter to convert your original grinder head to a DualGrind head using the adapter! I am so excited about this! Plan on buying one to speed up our big processing week after deer season in late winter.

1698865334351.jpeg

1723_8DualGrindAdapter_WEB_3.jpg

https://www.lemproducts.com/product/dual-grind-adapters/new-products

The parts in green are part of the DualGrind adapter redesign. The rest is from your original grinder head assembly. They make one for all sizes now!

Looks like blade is sandwiched between two plates.
Having difficulty trying to visualize how that works with only one cutting blade.

Yup I seen that and now it’s possible to change the inner plate, BUT it won’t work with a plate any smaller in hole size than the kidney plate because the knife is sandwiched in between the two plates , it’d be neat if they added a knife to the auger side of the inner plate.

I generally use the kidney plate for first grind anyhow for when making the stuff we want on processing day. This should speed up things not having to do a second grind. We do anywhere between 600-1000# of finished product so any time saving we can do helps.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks like blade is sandwiched between two plates.
Having difficulty trying to visualize how that works with only one cutting blade.
I have one and it works because the auger forces the meat through the large holes of the kidney plate (1st plate/grind) where the knife cuts the meat pushing through, then it’s forced across the knife to the second plate (outer plate) where the knife cuts again just like a standard grinder.
I can single pass meat through the 1/8” plate and it is a premium grind, saves lots of time.

Reactions: indaswamp
Don't think it is for me. I don't do more the 10 pounds or so at a time.
Been kicking myself ever since I bought the #8 that I didn't get the #12.
The #8 trips it's circuit breaker at times.
I think the #12 would power right through.

Don't think it is for me. I don't do more the 10 pounds or so at a time.
Been kicking myself ever since I bought the #8 that I didn't get the #12.
The #8 trips it's circuit breaker at times.
I think the #12 would power right through.
What brand you running?

I've had it for several years.
It is the Big Bite, 1/2HP.
I looked online and the smaller (.35HP) is the Mighty Bite and looks different.
I have the BB #8 and it eats meat as fast as I can reasonably feed it without so much of a grunt. It’s a beast of a #8. The dual grind attachment make zero difference in how it runs, it’s just hungry and I feed it. Sorry your having trouble with yours. Maybe call CS because what you are describing is not my experience at all.

I have the BB #8 and it eats meat as fast as I can reasonably feed it without so much of a grunt. It’s a beast of a #8. The dual grind attachment make zero difference in how it runs, it’s just hungry and I feed it. Sorry your having trouble with yours. Maybe call CS because what you are describing is not my experience at all.
It doesn't trip often, just annoying when it does.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
It doesn't trip often, just annoying when it does.
How cold is the meat you are putting in the grinder? My #12 will get in a bind if the meat and fat are below 30*F. I start checking the temp. of the meat and fat more often as it gets closer to 32*F. I also stir it up more too. The edges will get colder faster.

How cold is the meat you are putting in the grinder? My #12 will get in a bind if the meat and fat are below 30*F. I start checking the temp. of the meat and fat more often as it gets closer to 32*F. I also stir it up more too. The edges will get colder faster.
Haven't really checked temp, but pretty sure it is close to 32.

Interesting on the double grinder.
I'm curious, do these LEM grinders heat up at all?

My little Waring Pro all metal grinder has never had a heat up problem and I just have meat like 32-34F cold (my fridge does that easy) and never had an issue ever.

It's like a 450-500Watt grinder and goes plenty fast for me to cut meat and feed at the same time. It's no speed demon like some of those LEM's are but I've never needed it to be.

I'm just curious about the heat build up in it in case mine craps out on me, or I upgrade and gift my grinder to my brother. I do NOT want to fight with a grinder and have to freeze it over and over just to use it :D

The grinder head will heat up if you grind 100# at a time.... Now we have 2 grinder heads and just swap them out, always keeping on in the cold 33*F refrigerator.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky