New Lang on the way!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Question, should I clean this cooker with soap and water before I oil it?

Question, should I clean this cooker with soap and water before I oil it?
Nope no need to clean it, just spray it all over inside with Pam & fire it up.

Lang has some good videos on seasoning your smoker.

Here is one.

Good luck!

Al

I like to clean mine every 2-3 smokes with a good steam clean. i scrubbed the racks with a wire brush and rub excess grease out with paper towels and then get her up to 425-450 degrees in the cook chamber and hit her with a garden hose a few times.  yesterday i did a deep clean on Black Betty by taking the racks out and scraping the top of the convectiuon plate and the grease drain opening and clean her about 3 times with heat and steam. I never use soap on her. just heat and water/steam is all you need.

accessories i recommend when getting a lang (you already have some or all of these but if you don't i would get them)

garden hose

wood pile (try craigslist for a local supplier)

fire poker or metal rod that would work for this

stove shovel (for ash)

charcoal basket if you plan on use charcoal as a starter or

weed burner/pencil torch if you don't

fire extinguisher 

long handle wire brush

mineral oil (rub once a month on the fire box and the pant wont peel/chip)

a pair of heat resistant gloves

standard kitchen tools (tongs, mops, brushes, thermapen)

metal bucket (to catch grease)

Congrats on the new smoker. its a purchase you wont regret. 

phatbac (Aaron)

Man I am jealous!!!!! Whenever I move out of my apartment (just relocated to Atlanta) I will be ordering a 48 Deluxe. Do they build to order or do they have units available to buy? 

Man I am jealous!!!!! Whenever I move out of my apartment (just relocated to Atlanta) I will be ordering a 48 Deluxe. Do they build to order or do they have units available to buy? 
They are always backed up. I had to wait 6 weeks for mine.

Al

Thanks for all the info.
2hrs out[emoji]8252[/emoji]️

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky