New in Wisconsin maiden voyage this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigboofire

Original poster
May 22, 2006
Southern Wisconsin
Finished my concrete patio off of the back of the house. That was the last step before buying a smoker. Well wouldn't you know my wife bought me a smoker for fathers day (just happened to be before mothers day) so she raised the bar on her mothers day gift. I got one of those Great Outdoors smokey Mountain gas units. We are doing pork ribs this weekend.

Welcome to SMF Bigboofire, They have a way of raising the bar don't they. If they raise it any higher I'll need a step ladder to reach the bar stool.
Joe

Best of luck with your GOSM smoker, I really like mine.

I spent way too much for Mother's Day (don't regret it), now I've got to get her to lower the bar for Father's Day or I'll be broke. :lol:

Once again, Welcome to SMF Bigboofire. Thanks for your intro.

Well the virgin run was a smashing success. Those were the best g.d. ribs I have ever had. We had a little neighbor party and everyone there could not get enough. I did hold some back for myself to have as left overs for the next day. He, he. Next up will be a 12lb turkey, so i will attempt a brine and a turkey smoke this weekend.

Awesome forum board. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky