New Here

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by docholiday, Mar 14, 2016.

1. docholiday

docholiday Newbie

Hey everyone!

New to the forums, not new to good food!

I was extremely fortunate to grow up in a home were my Dad was always on the grill or smoking something.

I would like to create my own "legacy" now for my future kids and hope to learn some great knowledge from a lot of experienced folks such as yourselves.

My true hobby is firearms.  I'm very active on M4Carbine.Net.  When I'm not doing firearm drills, I'm often found in the kitchen experimenting :)

2. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the group!  Glad you joined us. I used to have other hobbies, smoking meat has taken over!  [​IMG]

Mike

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF, Doc!

I used to go to the gun range all the time, until the price of ammo skyrocketed.

Now I spend my money on meat!  [​IMG]

Al

4. docholiday

docholiday Newbie

Thanks guys!  I'm excited to catch the bug this year!  I just started my first project late last night (curing bacon).  I can't wait to see how much knowledge I will be able to consume (see what I did there) this year.  Hope to catch up to you guys!

5. [​IMG]   Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary