New here, still learning!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txav8r

Original poster
Jun 18, 2022
Howdy!

I’m not new to smoking, but I am a rookie by any standard. I have a Large BGE and a new GMG DB Prime Plus. The BGE is at home and the DB is here at 8852’ above sea level with me. I’ve done ribs, rotisserie chicken, burgers, several cobblers, cheesecake, and doing a skirt steak for Carne Asada tonight. At almost 9000’, it can mess with the cook! If any of you are at high altitude, let me know any tips you have! It seems baking takes much longer.

I’m here to learn?

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from barely above sea level Mississippi! look forward to your post and pics.
Jim

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have ya join the fun. I'm at just about sea level so no help there. Maybe one of the boys/girls from the Rockies can help you out.

Chris

Thanks y’all. Home is about 600’ ASL. But summers in the Rockies are perfect and I’ll take whatever the GMG churns out. It is rock solid on temps so far. But the difference in left side/right side is a 50 degree diff, with the right side being dead on and the left side being 50 low. I know no grill is the same temp throughout so I manage. Was hoping someone was up high in the rocks to share.
My avatar…
391CC23E-C849-4EB9-8027-13DB090CF384.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky