New Here and experimenting with smoke !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Scottishblacksmithiniowa

Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
I am new here, but, as far as grilling and a tiny bit of smoking about a decade ago, I have got 40 years or more !! I am 60 years old and without a job so I have begun again smoking. I have a Brinkman smoker but I got a great deal, at a garage sale, a Weber 22 inch grill ( sorry I don't know enough yet) an a cart. I only had to pay $20 and spend $40 on new grates. I still have most of a 2.5 cu ft bag of Mesquite that I bought 10 years ago, so I started with some Sirlion and Ribeye steaks. Then wanted , at the urging of my Wife, to do chicken breasts, so off to Walmart for Cherry, Apple and Hickory chips and chunks. Wife loves the chicken breasts butterflied and smoked with Apple. I made my first 5 lb. of bacon with great results ! Wife and I , just yesterday, returned to the store and picked up two more 5lb pork bellies. I am from Central Iowa and of mostly Scottish decent .

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Sounds like you're off to a awesome start and enjoy using your "new" grill!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky