1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New guy

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by Aboli, Jul 11, 2018 at 1:18 AM.

1. Aboli

Aboli Newbie

Hello fellow BBQers,

I have been smoking meat semi-seriously for about 3 years now. Broke down and bought a Brinkman Smokin-pro with the offset firebox. Love it, now want something bigger. Still trying to perfect a beef brisket. Recently cooked my first whole pig for a birthday party. Rented the charcoal pig cooker from the Marine Corps base for $15 for the weekend. Now thinking about entering a competition. Have aspirations of opening a BBQ restaurant after retiring from the Marine Corps in 6 years. Until then, I'll just keep having fun smoking meat for the neighborhood.

2. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Smoking Fanatic

Welcome from Wisconsin and thanks for your service!

Gotta say if I could drop 15 dollars for a weekend I'd be renting a smoker of that size and just having people deliver meat to put on it for the sheer fact I could LOL

3. zachd

zachd Smoke Blower

Mn
    With the whole pig how many crayons did you ... oh I wont make that joke lol
    I wish I would of thought about renting a pig smoker from the MWR on the army base I guess I was too young and too worried about well never mind.
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on I am assuming 14 years in service. I respect that I always kind of wish I would of stayed in longer than I did but oh well.

Anyway

This smoking thing is addicting isn't it even more when you can share and get information from a community like this.
    Looking forward to hopefully you posting your smokes in the future. Don't forget to take pictures!

4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service.

Chris

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF!
    Sounds like you caught the smoking bug!!
    Al

6. weedeater

weedeater Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome from NW Georgia!
    You have come to a happy place.

Weedeater

7. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome and thanks for your service. Watch this new found addition it is very dangerous to the waist line.

Warren

8. Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. Semper Fi!!!

9. dcecil

dcecil Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome Devil Dog, glad you found your way to the site.

10. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Where are you stationed right now?

Welcome to the SMF and good to have a service member. Thanks for serving.

11. Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Thank you so much for your service.