New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texaxe

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
Fredericksburg, Texas
Good morning.
My name is Edward. I am new to the forum. I live in central Texas (close to Austin). I have done some hot smoking for sausage and pastrami, but have just recently become interested in learning the art of meat and flame. I am using a smoker that I built out of a stainless steel cabinet. the heat supply is a propane log lighter. The smoke is chunks of hickory or oak because that is what grows on my place. For cold smoking I have been using an "amaze-n-smoker" which I heard about on this site.

I have been looking over some of the posts and have been really impressed with the depth of knowledge of the members. I am looking forward to being an active member of this community.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome, there's a wealth of knowledge on this site. Have fun and ask if ya need anything as there's usually someone kickin around that'll have an answer... WHB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky