New guy looking for some tips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BonJoey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2020
Hey guys:

Happy to be here. My name is Joe. Been smoking and grilling for a couple decades now, and I need advice for a new venture I'd like to conquer. Just bought myself an upright smoker, chiefly to smoke chorizo from an old family recipe I have. It's a 38-inch square chamber, propane fueled with a drawer for chips & has hooks up top for hanging 9-12 sausages. The problem is, the recipe I have is for around 100 individual chorizos, & the method my family has used necessitated that they be cold smoked for about a week. Does anyone know what my targets should be, temperature and smoking time-wise for a project of a much, much smaller scale? I have my breakdowns for the ingredients I'll need. Also, can I expect anything decent if I just smoke 'em at 225-250° for a few hours?

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome from Iowa! Sounds like you need an amnps tray to use for cold smoking with pellets or dust. Depending on your ambient temps depends on temps you can achieve while cold smoking , would definitely help get more smoke on them.

Ryan

Welcome from Fort Worth, Tx!
This may help in portioning the measurements!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky