New guy from west central Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phattrider

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Pinellas Park, FL
Hi all. I'm new here and new owner of a Char-Griller 5050 w/side firebox. Went to Lowes to purchase a few things and a grill/smoker was not on the list. LOL They were running a special on outdoor living products and they had it at a price that was hard to pass up. Once it was home I spent 6 hours seasoning both sides. I've owned it for about a month now and over that time I've smoked burgers, brats, a prime rib and this past weekend a pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches, pictured below. All the meat has turned out amazing. This morning I modified the smoker side with a 3" vent hose and two grate level temp gauges on the lid. Looking forward to reading and learning from you all.
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0749.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky