New Guy from the sticks of PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
Middle of Nowhere, South Central PA
Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy. I've been alive 36 & 1/3 years & I'm from the hills of South Central PA. As far as what I use to cook now, I made a 3 pit grill out of cinder blocks. The middle part I use to burn my wood then shovel coals over to either/both sides & cook off them. I can also hang a dutch oven over the middle fire pit if I need to. I've been using it for ages. I also just scored a Char Griller Duo last weekend in great shape for $50. It doesn't have the side fire box but I was looking for a charcoal grill & couldn't pass it up for the price.

I really want to get started smoking more & also start curing more of my own meat as well. My current plan is to build a medium sized reverse flow smoker (large enough to handle smaller gatherings), a UDS (for single person use & times it just wouldn't make sense to fire up the reverse flow) & a medium sized smokehouse that can also be used for cold smoking.

I look forward to being a part of this forum & learning from the masters lol. I will contribute whatever I can but as of right now I am a noob when it comes to smoking meats perfectly. It seems like I came to the right place to change that though! :-)

Have a good one & I will see ya around the forums,

Jeremy

Last edited:
Hello Jeremy and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined us 

Glad to have you with us!  Let me suggest you take Jeff's free 5-day e-course. It will help you get started on your new addiction!

Mike

Welcome Jeremy , to the SMF. Glad you chose us to be home(?) Load-up your camera and send some Q-view , we have a lust for looking at good Smokes
drool.gif
, we like to drool and are continually wiping our slobbers off our chin.( We should wear Bibs , but...)

Have fun and jump in anytime you want , lots of good folks here with a lot of good info.

Stan.....

Thanks everyone! I looked around a little & I got the impression that this was the best forum to join :-) There is a ton of information on here! I am going to sign up for the 5 day smoking course.

Venture, I don't have cell service lol. If I walk about 1/4 mile into my one field I can usually get a text but i can't make or get calls till I get about 5 miles away from my house. I consider myself in the sticks :-)

What a great deal!

How I wish that once again I could live in an area without cellphone service!

Smoke on my friend!

Good luck and good smoking.

Welcome to the forum. I my parts, We have cell service, but no postal delivery, kinda like not having a traffic signal for over 35 miles.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I my parts, We have cell service, but no postal delivery, kinda like not having a traffic signal for over 35 miles.
Yeah there are no traffic signals around me either. The closest Wal Mart or mall or shopping center is an hour away. There is a small grocery store a half hour away. I do have mail delivery though - most days the mail lady is the only person to drive by that doesn't live on my road...
Welcome to the Forum! No cell phone...what a nice concept!!

Happy Smoking!
It's nice not being able to get calls at home - It annoys visitors sometimes though lol. I can go out at 3 in the morning & hoot & holler & there's nobody around to bother or complain - I love it! :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

This is really a great forum :-) Tons of information! I've signed up for Jeff's 5 day course & made it through the first 3 so far - it seems to be covering the basics quite well so far. Thanks again guys! 

Welcome to the SMF Family...Always great to here from another PA guy. We are a growing faction around here. Any question you have do a Search then post a question if in need of more detail. Enjoy our community...JJ

Welcome to SMF!

I have some family & property in Northern Cambria and will be heading out there this weekend for the bow opener. Good luck to you if you get out.

Thanks Chef JimmyJ! Thanks SmokinHusker! Thanks skull fish & good luck on your build when you get time for it - I think you will really enjoy the end result! Thank you sam3 & good luck to you as well!
goodluck.gif
  I just discovered the bread section today & tried out my hand at making my first loaf of bread - it turned out great!
yahoo.gif
   I'm really glad I joined this forum!  Thanks again guys & see ya around
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky