new guy from springfield mo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hambandit

Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have zero experience with smoking, and have always used gas grills. I know I know, but its quick and easy. fun fact about me, I once prepared 30lbs of pulled pork in my oven which went surprisingly well. Ive been wanting to pick up a pellet grill for the last couple of years and pulled the trigger on a pit boss 820. Did an initial burn in a couple days ago and cooked the first round last night. This thing appears to be super easy to use seems to hold temp perfectly based off the readout on the controller at least. gratuitous first cook food pictures:

IMG_0442.jpg IMG_0445.jpg IMG_0446.jpg

Welcome neighbor pulled the trigger on a pellet grill a couple of months ago wish I’d done it sooner

Thanks guys. Got my thermometer in and had to go for a second cook tonight. I should’ve put the taters on 15 or so minutes ahead of the chicken some of them weren’t all the way done. Chicken was good though.

6BB43CB3-1B80-4809-8B5B-776CEDFDFE87.jpeg 703E1B2A-D5A4-4079-A725-E70584B19EBA.jpeg 0959ED8F-AA5A-4B60-9176-67417D90B1FA.jpeg

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cool, foggy and damp day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Tasty Looking

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky