New guy from Sierra Vista AZ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nihilist805

Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Hello all.

I am so glad I found this forum.

I am an Army Vet that works at Fort Huachuca for the UAS program.

I have always love BBQ and smoked meat. About a month ago I got a charbroil 40" with a good size hot box

I tried smoking a few things already. I recently tried smoking a 4 lb pork butt.

The biggest problem I have run into so far is maintaining temperature. What happened is, my temperature would fall, then I would add coal. The temperature would go up a bit but I could never get it back to where it was when I started. At the end of 6 hours My hot box was full of used coal but my temp stayed low. I had to finish my pork in the oven :(

Any tips would help

Thanks guys.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Reactions: nihilist805
WELCOME!!!

I've had the same issue with my offset smoker (Char-Griller Duo). I solved it by installing an oven seal around the lid and making sure all holes were plugged up. I hope this helps... good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: nihilist805
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky