New guy from Sierra Vista AZ

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by nihilist805, Nov 4, 2013.

1. nihilist805

nihilist805 Newbie

Hello all.

I am so glad I found this forum.

I am an Army Vet that works at Fort Huachuca for the UAS program.

I have always love BBQ and smoked meat. About a month ago I got a charbroil 40" with a good size hot box

I tried smoking a few things already. I recently tried smoking a 4 lb pork butt.

The biggest problem I have run into so far is maintaining temperature. What happened is, my temperature would fall, then I would add coal. The temperature would go up a bit but I could never get it back to where it was when I started. At the end of 6 hours My hot box was full of used coal but my temp stayed low. I had to finish my pork in the oven :(

Any tips would help

Thanks guys.

2. [​IMG]Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 

Gary

nihilist805 likes this.
  3. bamasmoker77

bamasmoker77 Smoke Blower

Welcome to the Forum!!!

You will love it here. Great information and advice to be had. So sit back and enjoy!!!

4. gringodave

gringodave Fire Starter

WELCOME!!!

I've had the same issue with my offset smoker (Char-Griller Duo). I solved it by installing an oven seal around the lid and making sure all holes were plugged up. I hope this helps... good luck!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    nihilist805 likes this.
  5. nihilist805

nihilist805 Newbie