New guy from PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badteryx800

Original poster
May 17, 2015
New here and loving this site did some indirect slow cooking on basic charcoal grill but want an electric and I am going crazy trying to decide what's best a pellet grill/smoker like the treager style or just the simple box style just want some opinions on what does a better job box type or grill type so some input from all you master smokers would be helpful thanks,Jeff

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a hot, dry and windy day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Hi, Jeff,

From southwest PA myself. My wife got me an inexpensive Masterbuilt electric for Father's Day (from Aldi's of all places), and it seems to work fine for us.

I got an Amazen Tube Pellet Smoker to help it smoke more. The 12" version smoked for over 6 hours, just as advertised. Was awesome!

-Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from SC, Jeff. I know you will enjoy this site and all the great folks who are eager to share their ideas, tips, recipes and anything else that you need. All you have to do is ask. i'm not an electric guy, so I can't say anything about them. But, there are a ton of filks who have them and I'm sure they will be along to share their thoughts. Good luck and keep on smoking, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky