New guy from Pa.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

regularjoe

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
Hey I have been floating around on here for a while and decided it was time to join and participate. I have a 22.5 Weber grill. I do the indirect heat method to smoke.

I love to smoke pork and have tried beef brisket twice. Second one is on grill now. First was a fail. Looking forward to posting and getting more Ideas on how to get better.

Welcome regularjoe...you're gonna find out all kinds of stuff here. Read read read...that's how I started. Everyone here wants to see you make good stuff.

I agree 100%...read, read, and read some more. Come back everyday, look at and understand what these people are doing, and then try it yourself. You can't miss!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Ya I have been doing alot of reading. Love to see all the different ways to do things. The brisket I just took off the grill turned out pretty good alot better than the first one I did. Sliced a few pieces to try it. Got wrapped and cooling down now. Gonna make Primanti style sandwiches with it tomorrow for the ball game, which is sliced brisket fries and coleslaw stacked between fresh Italian bread.

Welcome aboard. Like Beer say's take the E-course. I have a couple of Weber kettles & you can produce some fine BBQ on those baby's. Someday you may want to upgrade to a Weber Smokey Mountain cooker. I have one of those also & they really make it easy. Good luck & looking forward to more of your posts with some Qview.

I hope that Italian bread is from Mancini's.
I sure wish it was. I am about 40miles east of Pittsburgh. There is a local baker on rt22 (The Brick Oven) that has great bread and hard rolls......

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome Joe to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/list/127

then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview 

here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to-smf

Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post  them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again

Welcome to Your New Addiction  

GO GATORS  

Welcome neighbor!

Getting a lot of PA guys lately!

What part of PA?

Bear
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

Bear Im about 40 miles East of Pittsburgh Apollo area.

I used to come out your way every summer to visit a friend in Trexlertown.

Welcome neighbor!

Getting a lot of PA guys lately!

What part of PA?

Bear
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

Bear Im about 40 miles East of Pittsburgh Apollo area.

I used to come out your way every summer to visit a friend in Trexlertown.
Ok---Trexlertown is where Mrs Bear usually does her grocery shopping---at "Giant".

Glad to know you're out of the closet and into the limelight of the SMF. We share the same type of grill, hard to beat a Weber. It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 Looks like folks are smelling Bears smoke signals and drawing them in from hibernation.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good to hear you finally decided to become a full fledged member of the SMF and sounds like you are doing the right thing in not giving up if things turn out a little different than what you had planned initially.

Practice makes perfect! The cool thing is that you can usually still eat your mistakes.. can't beat that! We have some champion brisketeers here that i am sure will be more than happy to share tips and ideas for cooking up a perfect brisket.

Welcome aboard!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky