New guy from NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mj1angier

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 19, 2022
Thanks for the add!
I have been cooking from the time I was five when I put a collard leaf and an un-cracked egg in a pan on the stove. I like to think I have gotten better since then, lol.

I have played around with smoking a little for the past few years but I want to take it to the next level. I have done some sausage with deer I have shot and they were ok but now plan to make great sausages! I just did some summer sausages, some breakfast, and burgers. With what I have read on here I have some bacon in the brine and plan to make deer pastrami next week.

I have a 36" electric smoker and an Acorn grill to work with. My Waring Pro grinder is not the best but it will be put to use till it dies. I have a 7 lb vertical stuffer on order ( trying to stuff with grinder by myself was fun...) and a deli slicer (which will make jerky making easier I hope). Hoping to do some fish ( smoked amber jack is the best I have had) and cheeses as well ( already hooked on smoked cream cheese!)

Thanks to all the folks that share what they have learned over the years!

Mickey

I put a collard leaf and an un-cracked egg in a pan on the stove.
Interesting, I may have to try that...:emoji_laughing: Anyway, welcome Mickey from the other Carolina. There is a ton of sausage making knowledge here and your questions will not go unanswered. So ask away, just don't ask me because I'm ignorant about most things in general, but completely clueless about sausage making...:emoji_wink:

Reactions: mj1angier
Thanks for the add!
I have been cooking from the time I was five when I put a collard leaf and an un-cracked egg in a pan on the stove. I like to think I have gotten better since then, lol.

I have played around with smoking a little for the past few years but I want to take it to the next level. I have done some sausage with deer I have shot and they were ok but now plan to make great sausages! I just did some summer sausages, some breakfast, and burgers. With what I have read on here I have some bacon in the brine and plan to make deer pastrami next week.

I have a 36" electric smoker and an Acorn grill to work with. My Waring Pro grinder is not the best but it will be put to use till it dies. I have a 7 lb vertical stuffer on order ( trying to stuff with grinder by myself was fun...) and a deli slicer (which will make jerky making easier I hope). Hoping to do some fish ( smoked amber jack is the best I have had) and cheeses as well ( already hooked on smoked cream cheese!)

Thanks to all the folks that share what they have learned over the years!

Mickey
Welcome to the group. great folks and the sum of all smoking knowledge.

Welcome from the sunny and balmy state of Iowa! Oh wait...I lied, well it is sunny! :emoji_blush:
Sounds like you're having a good start! Alot of helpful, knowledgeable people here. We are all pretty good at helping others spend their money on things they need or want.

Ryan

Reactions: mj1angier
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky