New guy, Colorado Springs and love to cook.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doccoff

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Colorado
Good evening all members.

My name is Tim. I am recently retired from the Army after 27 years. I have had plenty of time to work on cooking meat, (all kinds imaginable), over some primitive setups and homemade smokers. It was always a point of pride to take care of my Soldiers when deployed and provide a taste of home.

Now I have slowed down the pace of life I really look forward to reconfiguring donated smokers, (can't take them with you when the Army moves you), and learning what up to competition folks use.

I grew up outside of KC and am familiar with beef, pork, poultry and mid-west rubs and cooking styles. I am definitely open to suggestions on how to improve texture, flavor and overall presentation of BBQ. Eventually I would like to get to the level of competition BBQ but I understand this will take years. Any mentoring on the process is greatly appreciated.

I am glad to be part of the forum and if anyone would like tips on cooking at high altitude, I'm here to help.

v/r

Tim

Welcome

We are happy you joined our forum. Need help?  Use the search button at the top of the page OR just ask!  Plenty of friendly folks here that love to help  Check out the free 5 day E course for a great basic information on smoking. 

Brian

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Tim,

As others have said, Thank You for your service! Welcome to SMF!

I live in C/S as well and SMF is a great resource for all things smoked! I've learned a lot on here, but most of the 'gurus' will forget more about smokin' then I'll ever know!

Brett

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky