New from Wisconsin, USA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

farmertom

Original poster
Jul 28, 2016
Mayville, WI
Hello all,

I have been interested in Smoking for awhile now.  I finally am in a position to start trying different things.  My wife picked up a small electric smoker for my birthday.  I am going to try a pork roast in it.

We just purchased a small farm with all kinds of fruit trees on it, so eventually as I trim the trees I will have some fruit wood for smoking as well.

I also have a well pressure tank that I was planning on making a pellet smoker out of.  So I probably ask some questions down the road of how to do that.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom!

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another sunny and hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome to the board! What part of Wisconsin? I love touring around there. Sounds like you're set for a wood supply.
Hello BlueWhisper,

My farm is in the township of Leroy.  Its about a mile from the Horicon Marsh.  Let me get set up and then you might have a place to land when you are touring.

--Tom

I had some nice trips around Wisconsin in the 80s and 90s, mainly in the south but also up to Door County. Point Beach, Northern and Southern Kettle Moraine, Devil's Lake, Wyalusing, Governor Dodge. I still want to hit the Apostle Islands.

There is food up there. I've been to a Door County fish boil, I hit a few smoked fish places, and I learned that a storefront with a sign like CUSTOM SLAUGHTERING will have good bratwurst.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky