• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New from TN

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fiddlefarter

Sep 15, 2008
Just learning about smoking and went out and bought a GOSM with some wedding money. Someone on another forum I visit posted a link to here and I've been reading as much as I can. I love to fish and hunt and cooking and grilling. Can't wait to get going with the smoking. I tried halfheartedly to smoke some things on the grill this summer and they were good but they were really just grilled, i know. I just had to wait till after the wedding to buy a smoker. I did smoke some wild turkey's a couple years ago on a borrowed electric and they were pretty good. gonna do the ecourse when I get a chance.

I think i'll smoke a couple of Fatties when I get home today just to play with the smoker a little bit.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Welcome to the forum Fiddlefarter! Glad to have ya here.

grothe

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2008
Welcome to SMF Fiddlefarter. Fatties are an Excellent Idea!!

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Congrats on the wedding, and thank you for joining the SMF. You'll be having fun with that GOSM.

mgwerks

Smoking Fanatic
Sep 9, 2008
Actually, congrats on being allowed to use wedding money to buy a smoker!

Welcome to the forum, bud!

fiddlefarter

Sep 15, 2008
I guess it was a pretty good scam, being that my wife is a vegetarian and all (she does fall to the occasional hot wing while drinking and she'll eat wild turkey and venison every once in while)
icon_smile.gif
So I figure I'll smoke some wings, turkey, and deer.

Had a few things working for me though. Got a gift card to Wal Mart and we very rarely shop there, it was on sale, and i have been wanting one for a while. Hated to get propane but dang it's easier IMO and I'll probably end up with something else in a while.

bassman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 15, 2007
Welcome to the forum. Your wife may not be a vegan for long!
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky