New from NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dgm81

Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Hey guys, and girls, I'm new here and getting into my first build. I'm an active duty Marine stationed in NC...and I love Q. I'm currently smoking on a chargriller SFB with coal and hickory/apple. I'm in the process of building a new smoker, which is what drew me here. I smoke butts, ribs, and brisket. I grill or smoke 5/7 nights a week at least, I love it, my favorite part of the day. Aside from cooking outdoors, I fish and hunt as much as I can. I'm a proud father of a 1 month old, my first. I'm from SC, but I prefer, and cook...NC Q. My name is Dave, and I'm glad to be here.

icon_cool.gif

First off Thank you and Welcome Dave to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's"FREE" ...5 Day eCourseE

Thank you sir for your service and I hope you are enjoying NC! Cooking good food at home is so much better than paying through the nose for it, not to mention its cheaper and more fun. Glad to have you here these guys and gals can answer just about anything you throw at them. Welcome and once again thank you and we are damn proud of all you service folks.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif
 And thank you!

Hello Dave, and thanks for the introduction. Looks like the SMF is the right place for you to be having/learning fun times. It's all good my friend.

Welcome Dave, I spent some time in LeJeune myself in 3/6 and 3/8. I wasn't into cooking like I am now (unless you count MREs). In my opinion, you are in BBQ heaven. I love NC BBQ. I grew up in Southport, NC. My grandfather had a seafood restaurant there. I remember a BBQ restaurant there called the Pines. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for years to duplicate their BBQ. The closest I have ever found even, was  Pig Sandwich from the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach. If you can make it up to Wilson, there is some Fine Q up that way too. Thanks for your service, Semper Fi!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky