New from Missouri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cap'n Mike

Original poster
May 24, 2023
Greetings!
I'm Cap'n Mike located Just west of St Louis.
I've been smoking for years on various low-cost smokers from various retail sources.
I found this forum while searching for some information, because I was recently gifted an old custom scratch-built offset smoker, with a few design flaws. I'm curious which forum would be appropriate to start a thread showing this smoker, it's flaws, and gathering suggestions for improving it's effectiveness for basic smoking plus a few annual large batches of wings and such.

Thanks!
Cap'n Mike

Reactions: JLeonard
How ya doin Mike ? I'm about 40 minutes west of St. Louis . St. Charles county .
Look through this and pick something that fits what you have . Good luck .

Reactions: Cap'n Mike
Welcome from Kentucky! The folks around here should be able to help you get the kinks worked out of your smoker.

70 and Zumbehl.
70 and old 79 . If you haven't been to Gordon's food service on Mid rivers you should take a look . I buy all my meat and seasonings there . You have to break down the primals yourself but it's worth it .
70 to mid rivers go south . It's a couple stop lights on the right after the mall .

70 and old 79 . If you haven't been to Gordon's food service on Mid rivers you should take a look . I buy all my meat and seasonings there . You have to break down the primals yourself but it's worth it .
70 to mid rivers go south . It's a couple stop lights on the right after the mall .
40lb bulk chicken wings. I'm there every couple weeks!

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky