New from Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimmieb

Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Wanted to take a second and introduce myself, my name is Jimmie and I live in Lakeland, Florida (between Tampa and Orlando). I am happily Married and have 4 kids (2 of my own and 2 step). I work as a Deputy Sheriff here in Polk County and I am currently in the "planning phase" of building my first smoker (hope to get started building by the end of the month). I'm really excited I found this site and will definitely have some questions...and yes I plan on documenting my build and posting pictures. Thank in advance.

Hello and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - glad to have you here 

Hi Jimmie! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Thank You for your Service!

Welcome to the forum Jimmie. We are almost neighbors, I am In Tampa. Good luck with your build.

Last edited:
Hey Jimmie and welcome! Fort Lauderdale here by way of Citrus County.

Also check out the South Florida Smoking Meat Gathering we are having in your neck of the woods in November. 2nd year running and looking to make this year even better!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/121142/2nd-annual-south-florida-gathering-nov-9th-11th

Also i'll be competing in the Backyard Compeption of the Mulberry Fine Swine festival, you probably have heard of it.  Come by and say hey if your there!

Welcome Jimmie to your new addiction (these forums)... As Doug mentioned in his post about the S. FL. Gathering.. If you want to learn new tips and tricks and meet and make new friends... Eat some awesome food... Do a little camping and throw a few back around the campfire... then I think you might want to attend the gathering... click the link in Doug's post and read up on it.. I believe there is also a link to the inaugural gathering with plenty of pictures...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky