New cold smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
So I was bored. Have a little chief that I picked up so I turned it into a cold smoker. I wanted to try some smoked cheese. Put some good aged chedder, gouda and gruyere. SMoked it for an hour w/ apple. I think I ran out of smoke at some point so it may have been less smoke. My great design never got warmer than ambient temp which is a fridged 50deg tonite. Both boxes are bottomless with a hole cut in the top so the diaper wipe box fills and cools then raises to the bud box. I have a patent in the works.

Here is pre-smoke and during smoke. Did not take a post smoke pic cuz, well, it looked pretty much the same

first picture
07cc3e7c_vbattach17275.jpg

I will try it when i get home tonite. I did take one bite but it was still fresh and needed to rest first.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky