New Braunfels Cast Iron Replacement Grate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingmike

Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Is there anyone that can direct me to a site so I can order a replacement cast iron grate for my New Braunfels smoker?

I had Googled and did not find the replacement cast iron grate.  This is the older model, not one made by Char Broil.

Aeroforce, didn't take it as you trying to be a SA.  I did go back and try another search parameter & found a site.  I contacted them & will be taking a pic of the cast iron grate & sending it, along with the dimensions.  They think they maybe able to match it up.  I will try to remember to post the results on here.

do they look like this?

a7961bd1_smokerrestore3009.jpg

Not really.  The cross members are kinda rectangular and the grates are square.  Mine also doesn't have the BBQ Stamp.

I believe the grill is from when New Braunfels was it own company and used the heavy gauge steel.  Originally it was a grayish color and has the offset firebox.  I got it from a yardsale for $50, cleaned it up, re-seasoned the grates, repainted it silver & black and have been having a blast with it for about 3 or 4 years now.

mine is a bar-b-chef from bbq galore back when NB/OK Joe were contracted to make them. most NB/OKJ's that i have seen have the thin non cast iron grates.........are ya sure they were original?

Yes, these are the originals.  The grill has the heavy gauge metal, unlike the similar grills that you can find at Academy today. 

weber makes some but they ain't cheap and not sure of the dimentions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky