New Ballastic BBQ video on YT - Greg recreates Ribs from Love's!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
Any members from So Cal who are over 40 should have memories of this BBQ restaurant. I don't know how many locations there were, but I do vividly remember the jingle on the radio. Greg got in contact with someone who use to be a pitmaster there and got some help recreating their sauce/glaze for spareribs. I remember I use to absolutely love eating there, I still ate at what I believe was the last remaining one in Chula Vista, up until maybe 12 years ago. It shut down and became a mariscos place :( IMHO Greg's one of the top BBQ guys on Youtube. He doesn't enter contests so no awards, and doesn't have a line of rubs and sauces, but he really knows his stuff. And his new'ish smoker's jaw-dropping, I couldn't even imagine how much it cost. Anywho I thought this video would be a blast from the past for any So Cal'ers who have fond memories of Love's. Even if you've never had it, you should watch the video, the ribs came out looking mouthwatering. I'm definitely going to be giving this recipe a try very soon. Was also kind of cool that a highly experienced BBQ guy like Greg was such a big fan of Love's too. Back in the days So Cal didn't have much in the way of BBQ so I thought maybe I remember loving Love's so much because I hadn't had really anything else to compare it to.

Who here remembers Love's? Did you like it?

Last time I went to Love's was in the mid 90's when I was visiting the San Diego area for work. Had it 3 times in the week I was there since we had virtually no BBQ places where I live. It was pretty good. I had it before when I was a toddler but didn't really remember it that much from then.

Reactions: Bigheaded
Love's, brings back memories. We had a Love's a couple miles from where we lived in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago back in the late 70's early 80's. Always loved their ribs, and all the herbs and spices in the sauce. After watching the video, it looks exactly as I remember it. I'll be trying this for sure. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reactions: Bigheaded
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky