New 2022 Weber Genesis E-435

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
After 18 years of service I was faced with the dilemma of doing another rebuild of all the guts (valves included as they were getting sticky) or get a new one.....I have avoided getting a new one because the design was basically the same......till I spied the new 2022 model after my wife says we have a 10% off coupon at the local hardware store.....so she came along to encourage me.......to my surprise the 2022’s have been updated a lot!!!!

Weber and all the reviews all focus on the Weber crafted add on's and the sear zone.....however none of the reviews even talk about the real improvements!!!!! For me the game changer was they have increased the height of the burner box, moving the larger drip pan down lower and adding a second set of baffles.....these insulate the drip pan to reduce possible flare ups......
337B197F-1C76-4390-B7EA-774B0AA78C1B.jpeg

next you will see that each burner has a ceramic ignitor as well as the burner tubes are now rectangular and much thicker than the round tube burners...

The drip pan is over sized and heat shielded...and way lower under the sear zone area.....
21775168-DD06-434C-82F8-CF3A4FA18C55.jpeg

the flavorizers are a lot thicker gauge and have a 1/2 moon cut......
B8BC7E18-4BD7-4E4E-BDE2-85BC96DE7DCE.jpeg

here is what the 1/2 moon is for.....visual of the flame and match light if needed....
20F95F35-A40E-49E9-AF68-6DE637482F33.jpeg

The E-435 comes with the crafted base frame and porcelain coated CI grates (They have a round stainless model as well). I am waiting for the hatched sear grate and griddle plate (jazzed about the griddle).
B9462439-AC19-4417-8C5B-1730172DEF08.jpeg

Just for perspective against the old Gen Gold....
1C67776F-CA85-47E6-AFB9-DDDEBA5C2380.jpeg

width wise it’s about the same but the new one is about 12 inches higher at the grate level (awesome!) and about 2 times the weight......the box was a 4 person lift into the truck!

Here it is all assembled and on the porch.....just notice the height difference from the Recteq.....
716E6AC8-1C56-48D9-B606-8E5D5AC3A1B8.jpeg

so I did the burn in......the first thing I noticed is it heats up fast! With the 4 burners @ 1/2 it sits right at 425. With the two out side burners on high it sits right at 375..... with the three sear zone on high....holy smoking hot....

after it cooled down from the initial fire, I wiped it down with a light coat of oil.....all the internal surfaces and did a 450 burn for and hour......all ready to use.....
37A0AFB4-2EC4-4314-92C5-0DBFE0B34B27.jpeg

The plan is for some wings for the first cook in the AM!!!!!!

So I wake up this AM to white out blizzard conditions and 30mph wind....
1F6BB562-8298-493A-ADB0-0218BD7C0B58.jpeg

so I decided to wait a day as the wife says she is making manicotti to fight off the cold.... the story will be continued......

Last edited:
Looks pretty snazzy! I though my 10-12 year old Genesis was old and in need, but thankfully I gave it some good cleaning and she’s still kickin.

Congratulations on the new gasser!

Looks pretty snazzy! I though my 10-12 year old Genesis was old and in need, but thankfully I gave it some good cleaning and she’s still kickin.

Congratulations on the new gasser!
Thanks Sandy.....I have replaced the guts of the old one 3 times now and heard Weber was going to increase prices at the end of the month and then 10% off.....Oh and then the wife didn't help when she walked up to it and said get this one.......

Nice looking grill! Sounds like it was time! And a smart hubby always listens to his wife!

Ryan

Reactions: civilsmoker
DON'T make me buy one of those ! Really nice . They're great cookers .
I have the E-310 . Maybe 5 years old now . Took 3 of us to get it in the truck , and that was cutting it close . I just put 16 ga deflectors and flavor bars in it . HUGE difference in operation .
That's an awesome looking grill . I bet you use that alot .
Funny . My SmokeFire has the half moon in the flavor bars . Common part maybe ?

Nice looking grill! Sounds like it was time! And a smart hubby always listens to his wife!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Happy wife happy life....right!!!
She is a keeper for sure!!!
YUP!!!!!!!

DON'T make me buy one of those ! Really nice . They're great cookers .
I have the E-310 . Maybe 5 years old now . Took 3 of us to get it in the truck , and that was cutting it close . I just put 16 ga deflectors and flavor bars in it . HUGE difference in operation .
That's an awesome looking grill . I bet you use that alot .
Funny . My SmokeFire has the half moon in the flavor bars . Common part maybe ?
LOL I’ve seen yours many times in pic! I was in the middle of designing my own that was going to have a double reflector like this so when I’d saw this it brought a big smile on my face......design plans got flushed! I bet the flavor bars are exactly the same!

Very nice. I wish I needed a new grill but my old Spirit is still in great condition.
Thanks Cabo! I got 18 hears of hard use out of the old one and it could be refurb again.....but I'm excited for the new one for sure.....Since they last so long Weber has added the "add ons" to get more $$ after the grill....The grates carry a 10 year warrantee and the body 12 years now.... My last one is proof they last!

Sounds like a good project for Jr.
You got that right....Jr is actually going to help me put some better castors on it and then a 3/16 plate of steal and bam a nice little welding cart for the shop!

I don't usually comment on these type of posts, but I gotta say, "That looks like a Great Piece of Equipment!!"
Enjoy!
Like.

Bear

I'm shopping for a new gasser for my wife. I was hoping to get by with some ABC brand.
After reading up here it appears I need to go to the other end of the alphabet and start with Weber.

Nice looking gasser Civil, A whole lot better then the Char-Broil I bought last year. I only use the gasser a couple of times a year during the winter months.

Chris

I don't usually comment on these type of posts, but I gotta say, "That looks like a Great Piece of Equipment!!"
Enjoy!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! I have high hopes for it. I wanted to post the changes in their design because they are pretty radical for Weber as they have been very stable over the years!
I'm shopping for a new gasser for my wife. I was hoping to get by with some ABC brand.
After reading up here it appears I need to go to the other end of the alphabet and start with Weber.
Not sure if it is the case but BBQ Guys has a note that Weber prices will be going up at the end of the month. I went in wanting the 3 burner but the wife pushed me to the 4 burner...ie my wife likes her grilled chicken so she had her say!

Nice looking gasser Civil, A whole lot better then the Char-Broil I bought last year. I only use the gasser a couple of times a year during the winter months.

Chris
Thanks Chris....I use our grill at about once a week, some times 3-4 times a week, so it is a mainstay unit.

Reactions: Fueling Around
I just rebuilt my Genesis for the 3rd time about 6 months ago. Now the frame is crumbling, so I guess I may be looking for a replacement soon. Don’t use it a lot, but when I do I love it!
Al

I just rebuilt my Genesis for the 3rd time about 6 months ago. Now the frame is crumbling, so I guess I may be looking for a replacement soon. Don’t use it a lot, but when I do I love it!
Al
Yea, the shelfs were getting brittle on mine, but I could build new ones, but time is a valuable thing for me right now.... This won't help but the 3 burner ones all have the sear zone and you can add the weber crafted stuff to it as well. I have griddles for my camp chef Pro 60 but was considering a blackstone but am going to hold off till I try the griddle on this....I'm thinking it will work pretty good....at least I hope!

Congratulations civilsmoker civilsmoker , that is a very nice grill that you will enjoy for a good long time. I looked at the three burner model at HD and I liked what I saw.
Yup, that wife of yours is a keeper.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Congratulations civilsmoker civilsmoker , that is a very nice grill that you will enjoy for a good long time. I looked at the three burner model at HD and I liked what I saw.
Yup, that wife of yours is a keeper.
Thanks Colin! I'm pretty excited! It is a nice complement to the RT 1250!

Had to get some stuff at Lowes this morning and took a look at these .
Holy smokes it's nice .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky