• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Never quit (Brisket)

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 14, 2013
I was all geared up for a bbq contest today but it was canceled. The brisket was thawed so just as well smoke it. I have struggled with brisket in the past but you guys always say never quit! For the brisket (15 #) I used McCormick Peppercorn & Garlic marinade which I injected and poured over it the night before. For rub I smeared on a little mustard the rubbed with Montreal Steak and some Steak salt. Pre heated my MES40 to 230 and lit the hickory/cherry pellets once up to temp in went the brisket. I also trimmed all the fat off before marinading and have it place on rack above my brisket. Brisket went in the smoker about 8 am.

webowabo

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Good looking start.. cant wait to so it done ;):grilling_smilie:

bwarbiany

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 30, 2013
I'm just envious of your trimming skills. When I trim I end up with a bunch of scraps of fat, not a nice big layer like that!

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 14, 2013
I'm just envious of your trimming skills. When I trim I end up with a bunch of scraps of fat, not a nice big layer like that!
Thank you! However I did not think I done a very good job. It took me about an hour.

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 14, 2013
Flipped brisket after 3 hours so fat could drip on both side.

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 14, 2013
Had decent flavor but pretty dry and the flat is hard. Maybe I cooked to long? IT 205

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 14, 2013
Warmed some brisket up for my dinner tonight. I think I need to reevaluate my thoughts this thing is pretty darn good.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.