Never quit (Brisket)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Climax Springs, Mo
I was all geared up for a bbq contest today but it was canceled. The brisket was thawed so just as well smoke it. I have struggled with brisket in the past but you guys always say never quit! For the brisket (15 #) I used McCormick Peppercorn & Garlic marinade which I injected and poured over it the night before. For rub I smeared on a little mustard the rubbed with Montreal Steak and some Steak salt. Pre heated my MES40 to 230 and lit the hickory/cherry pellets once up to temp in went the brisket. I also trimmed all the fat off before marinading and have it place on rack above my brisket. Brisket went in the smoker about 8 am.
qevynyqa.jpg
yhy9ehy5.jpg

Warmed some brisket up for my dinner tonight. I think I need to reevaluate my thoughts this thing is pretty darn good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky