Never quit (Brisket)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Climax Springs, Mo
I was all geared up for a bbq contest today but it was canceled. The brisket was thawed so just as well smoke it. I have struggled with brisket in the past but you guys always say never quit! For the brisket (15 #) I used McCormick Peppercorn & Garlic marinade which I injected and poured over it the night before. For rub I smeared on a little mustard the rubbed with Montreal Steak and some Steak salt. Pre heated my MES40 to 230 and lit the hickory/cherry pellets once up to temp in went the brisket. I also trimmed all the fat off before marinading and have it place on rack above my brisket. Brisket went in the smoker about 8 am.
qevynyqa.jpg
yhy9ehy5.jpg

Warmed some brisket up for my dinner tonight. I think I need to reevaluate my thoughts this thing is pretty darn good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky