Need to Smoke and Find Peace

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
December has been a bitch this year. Lost my father in-law who lives two flights away - so its always an all day there and home. Funeral and all was rough on the fam... The estate is a PITA right out of the gate. Job bereavement policy is a kick in balls...so we both took a PTO hit for all that and its just getting started. Our daughter and husbands trip was postponed till last weekend do to the funeral. Other daughter and husband (the one I cant stand...g*d he is annoying) are here next weekend. Hours after the first kiddo left I found the kitchen sink drain was broken and leaking for who knows how long. So a late Sunday home depot trip and plumbing work. We have costly ski passes and have been up once :(. Wife thinks ribs are not holiday food...im like SERIOUSLY! they are anytime any day food. I just want a couple days to smoke with a cocktail in hand and not deal with s**t. thats fair right? I almost feel selfish saying that.

oh yes...and the dogs got nose mites at the kennel while we were at the funeral...

Oh man, so sorry to hear all that sandyut sandyut . I tell my wife the same thing, you know that I just got my Bull a few weeks ago and the wife keeps wanting to make other shit instead of letting me smoke some damn food!

Sorry for your loss and everything else man, keep your head up, grab that cocktail and hang on man.

Sorry to hear of the tribulations. with respect to the SIL, my coworker often complains about his, he cant stand him either and doesnt know why his daughter married him. I explained to him that kids often marry spouses to remind them of their parents. i said she see her dad in him. I am teasing him but i sure like saying it.

Yours sounds a lot like the final 6 months of last year for me. Hang in there, it'll get better i promise. Personally I don't find it selfish at all if you take a bit of down-time to gather your thoughts and get back on track mentally. I just tell Tracy I need some mental health time with my cookers and she understands. I go out on the patio with a few beers, a pitcher of margaritas, and a boat load of food. The cookers provide a lot of solace with no negativity at all and no back-talk. they are just trying to make you happy :emoji_wink:

Post up what you cook if you get the chance,
Robert

Sorry for your loss and the run or trying time on top of it. Hope you get to relax and cook a bit. I also use cooking as a stress relief. It and my dogs help keep me sane. God bless and enjoy the holidays the best you can with your loved ones.

When it rains it pours, Chin up Sandy it can only go up from here.

Chris

Life is full of ups and downs. I have had several ups and many, many downs in my 63 years on this earth. I try hard to keep positive and work through the tough times. Before you know it things will turn upward for you. Merry Christmas.

I am sorry to hear about your loss Sandy.
You've had a lot of things on your plate.
So no, it is not selfish at all to want to chill out and smoke some meat while downing a few of your favorites.
BTW, my vote is for the ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky