Need to change my grill, any advice?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HowardScott

Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
Hi guys, I'm Scott and this is my 1st post here. I followed the forum for a while now and I have to say it's pretty amazing
I had a Charbroil grill for the past 5 years but I decided to upgrade to a weber, but I'm confused with all these models how should I choose?
Thanks in advance
Edit: I done some research here in the forum but I didn't found any recommendation but I found some reviews for webers on the web like this one https://bestgrillfinder.com/best-weber-gas-grill/
what do you think? is it right or it's just some other guy writing any information?

Last edited:
Weber has a good following and are widely available. You don't mention your budget. Napoleon, Lynx, Lion, Bull, all are good grills. But they are pricey. Many are all stainless so no peeling paint or rust to worry about. Also, the higher end grills have more robust cooking grates. A good source of info is at BBQ Guys (https://www.bbqguys.com). Also, after you narrow things down, YouTube might help if you cannot do a hands on comparison. And as always, many folks here will help out with the pros and cons of what they use as well as lessons learned.

Reactions: HowardScott
Welcome to the forum. I would recommend a Weber gas grill myself, I have owned my Spirit 315 now for just under 5yrs. Zero issues and I treat it like a redheaded stepchild I cover it sometimes, don't clean it like I should but it has never failed me. Deciding on which model is more of a personal preference. The Spirit line has a few different features, such as the Spirit 310 is a 3 burner grill with a cart, the 315 is a 3 burner grill with a cabinet (to enclose the propane tank and store accessories) and a model 330 offers the same as the 315 but with addition of a sear burner and side burner. It boils down to need/want to price, the Genesis line is their next level and have some pretty amazing features if you have the wallet.

Reactions: HowardScott
Weber has a good following and are widely available. You don't mention your budget. Napoleon, Lynx, Lion, Bull, all are good grills. But they are pricey. Many are all stainless so no peeling paint or rust to worry about. Also, the higher end grills have more robust cooking grates. A good source of info is at BBQ Guys (https://www.bbqguys.com). Also, after you narrow things down, YouTube might help if you cannot do a hands on comparison. And as always, many folks here will help out with the pros and cons of what they use as well as lessons learned.
Thanks a lot, my budget is about 1000 bucks I think I'm gonna go for the genesis s335, what do you think?

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend a Weber gas grill myself, I have owned my Spirit 315 now for just under 5yrs. Zero issues and I treat it like a redheaded stepchild I cover it sometimes, don't clean it like I should but it has never failed me. Deciding on which model is more of a personal preference. The Spirit line has a few different features, such as the Spirit 310 is a 3 burner grill with a cart, the 315 is a 3 burner grill with a cabinet (to enclose the propane tank and store accessories) and a model 330 offers the same as the 315 but with addition of a sear burner and side burner. It boils down to need/want to price, the Genesis line is their next level and have some pretty amazing features if you have the wallet.
Great! What do you think of Genesis s353? should I go for it?

Webber kettle hands down! Unless I’m smoking something overnight or 12+ hours. I use my kettle for grilling, smoking, pizza making and anything else I need. It’s so versatile you can do whatever you want. So many attachments for it. I’m sure others will agree with me.

I have an old Weber, bought in 1986. Still going strong although I do want to get a heavy duty stainless steel cooking grate for it. 26/27 inch diameter. It can do just about any type cooking you can think of.

Great! What do you think of Genesis s353? should I go for it?
I assume you mean the 335 as I don't see a 353 model. I think it is ok. The only difference over this model and a Spirit is stainless grates. But to each their own if it's what you like get it. With the budget you put out there I would get a Spirit gasser AND a SMW. Best of both worlds grilling and smoking!!

the spirit is the lower end, buy the 1 closest to your max budget, it will pay off in the long run imo.

Hi guys, I'm Scott and this is my 1st post here. I followed the forum for a while now and I have to say it's pretty amazing
I had a Charbroil grill for the past 5 years but I decided to upgrade to a weber, but I'm confused with all these models how should I choose?
Thanks in advance
Edit: I done some research here in the forum but I didn't found any recommendation but I found some reviews for webers on the web like this one https://bestgrillfinder.com/best-weber-gas-grill/
what do you think? is it right or it's just some other guy writing any information?
Hey Scott,
Are you open to a non gas grill? The very best option is a weber 22 master touch . Like 249$ it can do it all! Grill, roast, smoke . If you want your best bang for your buck the kettle is the best way to go!

Weber is also good, the quality is very good, the key is that the price is relatively cheap, and can be used for a long time, you can buy with confidence.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky