Need some Help again for Mrs Bear!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Again Everyone!!
I think I'm more worried about her than she is.
She's in the kitchen right now, making desserts for tonight's family get-together @ Bear Jr's house, and tomorrow's small Christmas Dinner here for the 4 of us.
She's making two of my favorites:
Raspberry Chiffon Pie (Mrs Bear's Recipe)
Cherries In The Snow

Merry Christmas to All !!

Bear

Prayers for her and you bear .. just seen this thread just now .. don't know I missed this ..

Thanks Griz!!

And Thanks Again to All.
I'm out of here---Be back for Updates, and probably a few times before she goes in Hospital.

Merry Christmas to All of you!!

Bear

I personally believe thoughts are the same as prayers.
My thoughts are with Mrs. Bear...
Dan

Thank You Dan!!
Tomorrow is the Big Day.
We didn't get the call yet, so we don't know what time we have to have her there, but I'm sure it will be in the Wee Hours of the Morning again.

Bear

John You and the Mrs will be in my thoughts all day please let us have some good news early
Richie

John You and the Mrs will be in my thoughts all day please let us have some good news early
Richie

Thank You Much, My Brother!!
I'm hoping to be able to report nothing but good news!!!
That would be a new trick for us, comparing to past surgeries, but we're hoping & praying too.

Bear

Need some Help again for Mrs Bear!!

If anybody has any spare prayers laying around we could use some for Mrs Bear again:

Many of you remember back in July Mrs Bear got her Left Hip replaced.
Back then they ran into a problem & it took longer than normal & she lost a lot of blood during surgery.
Then they kept her there for 5 days, pumping fluids into her, & they ended up putting 23 pounds on her in 4 days (All Fluids from IV).
Then it took her a month to get her girlish figure back. Right now she weighs the same as she weighed when we got married, 49 years ago.
So she went from Walker to Cane, and after some Rehab she was about to ditch the cane, but her Right hip started hurting her more than the Left one ever had.
So the Dr gave her the shot in the Hip, and it didn’t help a bit.
So to get rid of the pain, she decided to get that Hip replaced too, but since she had that Pain shot, which didn’t work anyway, she has to wait 60 days to get the operation.
They say that shot could block the effectiveness of the Antibiotics she has to take.
Meanwhile she tried all kinds of things to stop the pain, even Double & Triple doses of CBD oil—No Help!
So she’s been counting the days, and the 60 days ran out on December 18.
She will be going in the Hospital on December 27th (our actual 49th Wedding Anniversary) for her Right Hip Replacement.

Thank You All !!!
And Merry Christmas to you All.

Bear
Prayers for your bride and for a faster and more complete recovery than the last one.

Thanks Again, Everyone!!
So far so good:
This time seemed to go much better than the other Hip surgery.
It only took 2 1/2 hours, instead of 4+.
The bone didn't crack this time, so they didn't have to put in a longer spur & wrap wire around the bone like they did with the other one.
And her BP didn't drop like crazy due to heavy blood loss during surgery, like it did the last time.

So it seems like this is the way it's supposed to happen.

I've been bitten too many times to get too Cocky at this point, so I'll reserve final judgement for awhile.

Meanwhile, She's doing real good so far!!! I'm Very Happy for that !!

Thanks to you all !!!

Bear

Hey Buddy you know we had already been thinking and praying for Linda. How is she doing ?

Gary

Prayers for Linda, and Al!
It's a flipping Miracle what they can do now.
We have several folks around us with replacements.
One BIL with double hips, and another BIL with a knee, and another knee coming.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky