Need some health snack ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sparky30_06

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Magnolia, TX
OK so the big 35 is knocking on my door and after going threw a pre midlife crisis and buying a motorcycle it's time to start looking at my health and getting back in shape.  I've gone back to the gym and running 6.5 miles 3 times a week and starting to lift again too.  I'm trying to drop 15 lbs but I've always been a big eater and for 2 weeks i've been trying to cut out snacks but it's just not happening.  Need to find some GOOD tasting and filling snacks.  Any suggestions??  I just ate an apple and banna and am looking for more in the time it took to write this!!!! At least it wasn't cookies, candy or candy bars!!

Oatmeal is a great meal or snack that is filling and healthy for you. I also like to dehydrate fruits like bananas and apples,what ever fruit you like,makes foe a good snack.

Try some of the Greek yogurts. They are thicker then regular so they are more filling and they have about twice as much protein so they stay with you longer. I like the chobani brand. I have that and about a quarter cup of granola for breakfast then an Apple a few hours later. Been working for me. Believe me, I would rather have a plate of Bacon scrapple and eggs but I want to live a little while longer too.

I know what your gonna say, but I eat rice cakes with homemade peanut butter all the time. Walmart has big containers of party peanuts for about $4. If you put them in a food processor for a few minutes until they get the consistency of a milk shake. Put that in a plastic container & into the refridge, you will see what I mean. You will never be able to eat store bought peanut butter again. Caution: just don't eat too much of it, I put about 1 tbs. on each rice cake.

make a batch of oat meal cookies, with lots of nuts and raisins, use the steel cut oats and throw in a little flax seed, that'll keep ya feeling full.

I like air popped  popcorn with  I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! on it  and light salt.. that's what i snack on when dieting
icon14.gif

Thanks for the options guys.  Tried the rice cakes and nope cardboard taste to me can't do them.  As for the yogurts, tried several different ones and can't do them either.  I've been making my own fruit chips but they don't fill me up, still eating them.  Went out last night and got the oats and seeds, going to make cookies today hopefully and maybe they will fill me up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky