Need some feedback.

Discussion in 'BBQ Women' started by smokin sid, Sep 24, 2015.

1. smokin sid

smokin sid Smoke Blower

Greetings Everyone!

I am invited to a Fall Beer Tasting that has one rule. We can only bring  finger food .

I was thinking of marinating bone less, skin less chicken thighs in a cream sherry marinade

to cook on the grill.After grilling ,I would cut the thigh meat into bite size pieces and place a

toothpick in each piece for easy serving.

Dose this sound too boring by it's self? Do I may be add some cheese and crackers?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Smokin Sid                                                                               

2. smokin sid

smokin sid Smoke Blower

Greetings Everyone!

The coolest thing happened yesterday.A friend and neighbor stopped by and gave me a box full of wonderful cook books, recipe cards and cut out recipes from newspapers that she has collected over the years. I took a sneak peak at some of the recipes and I found one I might

try for my friends Beer Tasting.

I guess it go's to show us all , when you ask a question. You never know where the answer

you are seeking, is going to come from. Life is Good!

Happy Smokin ALL!

Smokin Sid

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

The chicken bites with a dipping sauce on the side sounds pretty good

4. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  5. smokin sid

smokin sid Smoke Blower

This sounds pretty tasty!

The marinade is a cream sherry base with a nice chunk of fresh ground ginger in it along with some

other fresh herbs.

Thanks

Smokin Sid

6. smokin sid

smokin sid Smoke Blower

Thank you Chef Jimmy J

I will check those out for sure.

Smokin Sid

7. zoe tipsword

zoe tipsword Fire Starter Group Lead

how did everything turn out?

8. smokin sid

smokin sid Smoke Blower

Greetings Zoe!

My husband has decided to bring the Texas Meatballs he loves to make.So I thought I would do

a non-meat munchie. I decided to do a good old classic from Pampered Chef.
     "Cool Veggie Pizza".

The host of this beer tasting has a dietary restriction on animal protein since his surgery and he is a friend who is near and dear to my heart.

I appreciate all the input from everyone. I still plan on smokin some chicken thighs

I will let you know how the beer tasting went after Halloween.

Smokin Sid        

9. zoe tipsword

zoe tipsword Fire Starter Group Lead

sounds yummy